Family Planning 2020 (FP2020) is a global partnership with the goal of enabling 120 million more women and girls to access and use contraceptives by 2020. FP2020 supports the rights of women and girls to decide, freely and for themselves, whether, when and how many children they want to have. FP2020 provides a platform to enhance information sharing and to support the coordination of efforts across the larger sexual and reproductive health community to advance access to family planning information and services and use of contraceptives under the guiding principles of rights, quality, equity, and voluntarism. The FP2020 Secretariat is hosted by the United Nations Foundation.
The Communications and Data Coordinator, FP2020 is responsible for providing administrative/logistical and programmatic support to the Communications and Data and Performance Management (DPM) teams.
The Communications and Data Coordinator, FP2020 is supervised by the DPM Director, and works closely with the Communications and DPM Directors to balance priorities of both the Communications and DPM teams. The Communications and Data Coordinator works closely with Managers and Officers on both teams.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The Communications and Data Coordinator is responsible for providing support to the partner relations and communications teams. Major duties and responsibilities include:
Support to the Communications Team:
- Support collaboration and coordination within the Communications team (weekly check ins, weekly updates, and other team coordination tools) and across the Secretariat, including among the DPM and Communications teams.
- Help communications director to track and coordinate the production timeline of FP2020’s annual progress report
- Oversee compilation of daily media clips by interns - a list of relevant, global news items pertaining to family planning – and produce/distribute clips applicable.
- Track and maintain FP2020’s inventory of print collateral and materials and manage team-wide material needs to ensure availability of necessary collateral for all meetings and events.
- Coordinate social media on a daily basis, particularly with the organizational twitter account.
- Coordinate all translation needs of staff, ensuring that translation requests are fulfilled in a timely way.
- Work with Communications Officer and outside vendors/contractors to advance FP2020 social media activity and increase FP2020’s digital presence.
- Help support maintenance of FP2020’s website and scheduling and execution of webinars in collaboration with Knowledge Management and Innovations Manager.
- Coordinate meeting logistics and travel requirements for external partners when needed.
- Complete monthly corporate credit card reports for the Communication Director.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Support to the Data and Performance Management Team:
- Support collaboration and coordination within the DPM team (weekly check ins, weekly updates, and other team coordination tools) and across the Secretariat, including among the DPM and Communications teams.
- Under the supervision of the DPM Director and Officer, provide support to specific PME WG workplan activities as assigned.
- Contribute to the development of DPM annual workplans and the monitoring of portfolio budgets.
- Support the DPM team in meeting execution (including PME WG meetings) through note-taking and ensuring proper meeting follow up when applicable.
- Coordinate Performance Monitoring & Evidence Working Group (PME WG) members’ travel and logistics for meetings. Coordinate additional travel requirements for external partners when needed.
- Support the day-of logistical management for meetings, events, and webinars alongside the DPM Officer, DPM Director, and other Coordinators as needed (e.g., catering, room-set up, location coordination).
- Assist the DPM team in conducting research, drafting, and producing materials for the FP2020 annual progress report and other products (e.g. data tables, briefs, meeting reports, and presentations) as needed.
- Working closely with the Budgets, Grant and Contracts Services Officer, assist with PME WG and external partner reimbursement, per diem process and execution of contracts.
- Complete monthly corporate credit card reports for DPM Director.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Support to the Secretariat:
- Maintain FP2020’s info email on a daily basis
- Support the day-of management for meetings and events, as needed (e.g., catering, room-set up, location coordination).
- Collaborate with Coordinators to execute cross-team logistical support for larger international meetings and convenings (e.g., ICFP, Focal Point Workshops, Women Deliver, and Reference Group meetings).
- Under the guidance of the Chief of Staff, liaise and collaborate with junior-level staff, including Coordinators and Associates, to ensure cross-team information sharing and coordination.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated excellence working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong professional interpersonal skills and diplomacy.
- Ability to work independently as well as member of a team.
- Sense of humor.
- Proficiency required in Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook. Desired proficiency in One Note, Smartsheet, Indesign and Photoshop.
- One to three years of administrative experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Interest, knowledge or experience in women’s human rights, public health, international affairs, or closely related international development field.
- Basic understanding and interest in Reproductive Health and Family Planning Data
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- A choice of two health plans through United Healthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA),
- dental insurance,
- vision discounts,
- flexible spending accounts,
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution,
- group term and supplemental life insurance,
- short-term disability,
- long-term disability,
- health club discounts,
- commuter benefits, and
- employee assistance program.
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of parental leave.